Secka Forum
You can hit a fighter whose

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Secka Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-07-2019 03:54:12    Onderwerp: You can hit a fighter whose Reageren met citaat
SOCHI, Russia -- IOC President Thomas Bach accused world leaders Tuesday of using the Sochi Olympics as a political platform "on the backs of the athletes," and of snubbing the games without even being invited. Three days before the opening of Russias first Winter Games, Bach used a hard-hitting speech to call out politicians for using the Olympics to make an "ostentatious gesture" serving their own agendas. Without naming any individuals, Bachs comments appeared directed at President Barack Obama and European politicians who have taken stands against Russias law banning gay "propaganda" among minors. The Olympics, Bach said, should not be "used as a stage for political dissent or for trying to score points in internal or external political contests." "Have the courage to address your disagreements in a peaceful direct political dialogue and not on the backs of the athletes," he said at a ceremony attended by Russian President Vladimir Putin. "People have a very good understanding of what it really means to single out the Olympic Games to make an ostentatious gesture which allegedly costs nothing but produces international headlines. "In the extreme, we had to see a few politicians whose contributions to the fight for a good cause consisted of publicly declining invitations they had not even received." The buildup to the Olympics has been overshadowed by Western criticism of the anti-gay law and Russias record on human rights and other issues, making Sochi among the most politically charged games in years. Obama and key European leaders are shunning the Olympics. Obama, in a clear message against the anti-gay laws, has sent a delegation to Sochi made up of three openly gay athletes -- tennis great Billie Jean King, 2006 Olympic hockey medallist Caitlin Cahow and figure skater Brian Boitano. For the first time since 2000, the U.S. delegation to an Olympics will not include a president, vice-president or first lady. Former Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano leads the delegation. German President Joachim Gauck and French President Francois Hollande are also not coming to Sochi. Neither is British Prime Minister David Cameron. Bach reiterated again that Putin had given the IOC assurances that the Olympic Charter would be upheld during the games and that homosexuals would not be discriminated against. Bach said Olympic values stand against any form of discrimination, including on grounds of sexual orientation. But he stressed the IOC must be "politically neutral without being apolitical" and that athletes must not use the Olympic Village and venues for "political demonstrations." The IOC has come under criticism for not doing more to fight the anti-gay law, but Bach said the committee was a sports organization with limited responsibilities. "We are not a supra-national government," he said. "We are not a superior world-parliament. We do not have a mandate to impose measures on sovereign states." Bachs speech was delivered at a ceremony marking the opening of the IOCs three-day session, or general assembly, ahead of the games. The Germans sharp comments marked a strong contrast with the relatively anodyne, diplomatic speeches of his predecessor, Jacques Rogge. Bach, winner of a fencing gold medal at the 1972 Olympics, was elected in September to succeed Rogge, who served for 12 years. Bach acknowledged there had been "a lot of skepticism in and outside the IOC" when Sochi was awarded the Olympics in 2007. "Now, seven years later, we can see that Sochi, that Russia has delivered," he said. Putin lauded the IOCs decision to bring the games to the Black Sea resort. "We realize what a difficult decision this was to hold the games in a city that barely had 10 to 15 per cent of the necessary infrastructure," he said. "You believed in us, you believed in the Russian character which can overcome all difficulties." "In the space of five years," Putin added, "we built world-class sports venues and city infrastructure that normally takes decades to build." Troy Brown Jr. Wizards Jersey . The Brazilian heads into Saturday afternoons race coming off a close runner-up finish to Ryan Hunter-Reay in the Indianapolis 500. Wes Unseld Wizards Jersey . The fourth-year guard from Carleton University kicked off his varsity career with rookie of the year honours in 2011, before racking up three straight Mike Moser Memorial Trophies for outstanding player. http://www.cheapwizardsjerseyssale.com/kids-juwan-howard-wizards-jersey/ . Monta Ellis had 30 points and nine assists, Nowitzki was another of seven Dallas players in double figures with 11 points and the Mavericks beat the Los Angeles Lakers 123-104 Tuesday night. Wes Unseld Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. Troy Brown Jr. Jersey . Blatter also told reporters Saturday after meeting with Qatars emir that the decision to award the tournament to the desert nation is "not reversible." There have been calls to move the tournament because of Qatars intense heat.DW: What is your favourite hockey jersey today, as far as design goes?KB: I like the Blackhawks. I just like the logo, and the colours, red, black and white. Its old school, with a little bit of edge. DW: Did you have a hockey hero growing up?KB: I always based it on road hockey, and everybody always plays as their favourite player in road hockey. I was always the goalie, but it was always the player that was winning that night or the night before so it would always change. It was always a goaltender, so I never really had an idol or somebody I loved growing up.DW: If you could place yourself on one NHL team right now, which team would you choose and why?KB: I would pick the Detroit Red Wings because I think over the last three or four years they have lead the league in players lost due to injury. Teams always take advantage of them physically going in there because they know [Henrik] Zetterberg and [Pavel] Datsyuk arent really going to do much back. And guys like Drew Miller arent really going to answer the bell down there. I think I would be most needed and wanted, and also adored there because in southern Ontario, I remember back in the day, they would start talking Monday about a Toronto-Detroit matchup on Saturday. There would be a whole week of hype and build up. Joe Kocur, Bob Probert, Tie Domi, Todd Gill, Steve Yzerman… whos fighting who? I think that fan base is starving for a player of that calibre. #187291676 / gettyimages.com DW: Hockey players can be known for locker room fun and games, what is the best prank youve ever witnessed?KB: A lot of them are R-rated, so they cant be told. Things have changed a lot over the years. A lot of these young kids will phone their agent, and the agent will phone the GM and then we get a bullying lawsuit. Its pretty funny you can get a bullying lawsuit and everybodys making a league minimum of $575K. But theres always the typical cut the tie on the plane when the rookies are sleeping, sew the pockets of their pants shut, cut the legs off dress pants… yknow, the old typical where they have to walk out with a short suit.DW: What is the most memorable game youve ever played in?KB: Probably my first. At the time I was in Iowa and got called up… I think it was against Calgary at home. I didnt know it but my parents were flown in for the game – Dallas did that. I remember walking to the rink, walking under the tunnel and before I got to the dressing room I saw them and had a couple tears. For my parents thats a big thing, for any Canadian kid playing hockey. In minor hockey we had a million miles on the old green hornet minivan, with multiple accidents and rearview mirrors hanging there and still getting to a hockey game in time and worrying about insurance later. All the sacrifices they made, so I think the first game in the National Hockey League was probably my most memorable.DW: If you could steal the talent from one current NHL players, who would you choose?KB: I think Steven Stamkos. I think the age hes at and the skating and shooting ability. Through his actions he always follows up on what he says hes going to do. Both on and off the ice Id say Steven Stamkos. I wouldnt take his toughness attributes; Id combine his talents with mine.DW: I hear your workout program involves fight training – what does a typical week of training look like for you?KB: Its evolved. For a number of years I trained at Adrenaline Training and Fitness in London, Onatrio run by Mark Hominick. Also started back in the day at a gym called Hard Knocks run by Shawn Tompkins. Tompkins unfortunately passed away a number of years ago, but he was kind of one of the big startups in Ontario for mixed martial arts. He brought up Hominick, Sam Stout, Chris Horodecki - that group of guys came from London, Ontario and were all very successful and opened a gym called Adrenaline. Theyve had the likes of Chad Laprise graduate from there and he won Canada versus Australia in this years UFC show. So I trained there three times a week, but now that Ive got three boys Ill go ten rounds hitting the bag with rollerblades in the garage. The garage thing is a little bit easier as you get older because when I went to Adrenaline I would come home with more punishment during the summer than I would get during the winter. Even though youd spar with these guys, as much as you say it doesnt get serious, testosterone takes over. You go in there, you get in the cage and youre two animals. Once you get caught with one, everything else goes out the window and you start inflicting punishment on each other.ddddddddddddDW: Who are some of the best fight opponents youve faced in your NHL career?KB: In terms of pure toughness, Id say Brian McGrattan could take the most punishment. Back in the day Josh Gratton, if you look at some of his tapes – pull up [Darcy] Hordichuk versus Gratton and that will explain who he was in terms of his fighting ability. Hardest puncher is Colton Orr; hes got a huge right. Everybody in the league knows it so you make sure you tie that up and make him use his left. Its the guys who have been in the league for a long time who are kind of 60" or 61" who will still fight the 65" guys. You know youre in for it because you know theyve taken punishment, whereas a lot of the bigger guys for the majority of their lives never get hit. You can hit a fighter whose 61" three or four times and you know its still coming back at you. DW: Is there a player you always wanted to fight but never got the opportunity to?KB: No, I think everybody I pretty much fought. Someone I loved to fight was [Paul] Bissonnette. I enjoyed fighting him for obvious reasons. Nobody I ever wanted to fight that I never got the chance to… actually no, maybe Matthew Barnaby I would have loved to fight. I kind of took his job because he had concussion problems in Dallas and he had a fantastic insurance policy there so he decided to take that. But I would have liked to fight him. #73363571 / gettyimages.com DW: Youve never been afraid to speak your mind – what is your current thinking on the place of fighting in the game? And do you see a time ahead when players say "no" to it all together?KB: I think fighting will be done by the next CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement). I think there will be another lockout for sure; because I think its just business and thats the way it goes. I think during that time period theyll adjust things. Unfortunately the leagues run by lawyers, I think every sports league is run by lawyers, and theres a lot of pressure being put on the league by the lawsuits that occurred in the NFL. If they can show some examples of them moving away from that it will maybe lessen the damage done in the near future. I also think the league is trying to sell itself to an audience in the United States, not so much the 40 plus million people in Canada. Sometimes they dont value the views of the generational Canadian fan. Youre already starting to see it, just look at Jarome Iginla and Dion Phaneuf the other night, who if you polled 100 people I think 99.9% of them would say they would like to see that fight. That 0.1 percent of a human being might say no.KB: It came out this morning that linesman have been told by league officials that if you can safely stop a fight before it happens make that judgment yourself. I think youre already starting to see it – for both the good and the bad. The game will evolve, and I guess it is what it is.DW: When you career is all said and done… what do you plan to do?KB: I just take it day by day, Ive been fortunate to play for nine years now so I can take a little bit of time to figure out what I want to do. I want to spend a little more time with the kids and a little more time with my wife… although Im not sure shes too happy about that. Shes used to running the ship, and now all of a sudden I think Im the captain. Ive been realizing its sometimes better for me to just keep my mouth shut. Ive never really done that in my job, so Ive had to bite my tongue quite a bit. First I need to learn where I stand on the totem pole at home, and then well go from there. Ive always had a work ethic, I have a brain and Im not ugly, ugly yet, so if I can convert that into something, whatever I find Ill work my ass off at and try to be the best I can be at what I do.DW: And finally, we like to ask everyone this – can you go BarDown?KB: Ya, I can go BarDown. Practice, I am the sickest practice player youve ever seen. You can poll guys out there that I played with. And I think thats whats gotten me an extra two or three years in the National Hockey League, because coaches have been like, "Oh jeez, this kid is unbelievable" and even guys are like "Youre sick, Barchy." You ask David Clarkson who the best skilled tough guy hes played with… I should have a resume of guys who said that because I mightve got a couple more years out of the game. But ya, I can go BarDown. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Secka Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: