Secka Forum
, the year he won the AL Cy Young a

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Secka Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-07-2019 03:26:43    Onderwerp: , the year he won the AL Cy Young a Reageren met citaat
MIAMI -- Theres something about the Philadelphia Phillies that brings out the best in Miami Marlins rookie shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria. Part of it is because he wants to impress his counterpart with the Phillies, Jimmy Rollins. Hechavarria drove in three runs, including the go-ahead run in the eighth inning, to help the Marlins to a 3-2 victory Wednesday night. The slick-fielding Hechavarria has a hit in eight consecutive games against the Phillies. "I dont know if its because Im facing Jimmy Rollins and maybe I want him to think that this youngster is good and has skills," Hechavarria said. "I have admired since Cuba as well as Derek Jeter." Hechavarria hit a two-run triple in the second before driving in the run that made it 3-2 on a fielders choice. Justin Ruggiano walked and Placido Polanco singled for his third hit in the eighth off Ethan Martin (2-5) before Hechavarria hit a grounder to Rollins, whose throw went wide of catcher Carlos Ruiz allowing Ruggiano to slide in safely. "Its nice to get on the other end of the one-run games," said Marlins manager Mike Redmond, whose squad improved to 21-35 in one-run games. Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 33rd save in 35 chances. It was Cisheks 28th consecutive save setting the team record previously held by Todd Jones in 2005. "I really just try not to think about it," Cishek said of the streak. "Id be lying if it wasnt on the back of my head. I was trying to go out there and get three outs. And try to get the guys with another win." Chad Qualls (5-2) got the final out in the eighth to earn the victory. Phillies starter Cole Hamels pitched six innings and allowed two runs. He struck out six as he reached 200 strikeouts (202) in a season for the third time in his career and the second consecutive season. "Its not really a big deal, 300 is probably pretty cool, but youre probably not going to see that anymore," Hamels said. The 2008 World Series MVP finished his season with a 3.60 ERA and an 8-14 record, which is the least amount of wins and the most losses in his career as he received one of the lowest run support averages in the majors. "Just being able to get 200 innings is ultimately a major goal every season," Hamels said. "To be able to achieve that I guess is sort of a positive note. I did everything I could that I could affect. Thats ultimately the learning lesson." Brad Hand allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 1-3 innings for Miami. Hechavarria hit a two-run triple in the second inning to deep centre field over the head of Cesar Hernandez for a 2-0 lead. Freddy Galvis, who had three hits, stroked an RBI single to pull the Phillies within 2-1 in the seventh, which ended Hands outing. Hernandez broke a 2-for-23 slump with an RBI single to tie the game at 2. "We had 10 hits and the two runs, a little power shortage right now with extra-base hits and home runs," Phillies manage Ryne Sandberg said. The bottom of the seventh featured two missed calls by the umpires as Rollins tag on a pickoff attempt at second base by Cesar Jimenez was in time to get Juan Pierre, but he was called safe. Then Jimenez applied a tag with his bare hand to get Christian Yelich out on a slow grounder. "I think it all evened out," Sandberg said. "One for them, one for us." NOTES: Hamels has pitched at least five innings in 75 consecutive starts, which is the longest active streak in the majors. ... Cisheks 28 consecutive saves is the longest active streak in the majors. ... Miami will begin its final series of the season on Friday against Detroit and will send RHP Tom Koehler (4-10, 4.45 ERA) to the mound against RHP Rick Porcello (13-8, 4.3Cool. ... The Phillies begin a four-game series at Atlanta on Thursday with RHP Tyler Cloyd (2-6, 5.40) getting the start against RHP David Hale (0-0, 0.00). 23:37ET 25-09-13 Brandon Kintzler Cubs Jersey . He chirped to the caddie of Brandt Snedeker about their money game, a Mickelson tradition at the majors. Lefty was in good spirits Monday at the British Open, except for having to return the claret jug. Fergie Jenkins Jersey . - Defensive end-linebacker Mike Neal apparently is returning to the Packers. http://www.thecubsteamshop.com/Cubs-Kyle-Hendricks-Kids-Jersey/ . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. Jon Lester Jersey . Nwaneri, who was born in Dallas and attended Naaman Forest High School in nearby Garland, Texas, tweeted, "Its official! Im coming home, Im coming home. Cole Hamels Cubs Jersey . The Canadiens captain, who underwent surgery on his injured biceps in the off-season, had been skating with the team in a non-contact capacity since last week. MINNEAPOLIS -- CC Sabathia had to work hard for this milestone, just like most of his victories in this challenging season for the New York Yankees. To the Minnesota Twins, well, he was the same overpowering, nearly unbeatable pitcher. Sabathia won his 200th career game to stretch his winning streak over Minnesota to nearly six years, and Robinson Cano hit a tying two-run double to spark the Yankees to a 3-2 victory over the Twins on Wednesday night. The significance of Sabathias accomplishment at age 32 was lost, at least publicly, on the burly left-hander. "Its hard not to be aware of it, but I dont know if it means anything right now," Sabathia said. "Ill be ready in five days to go again and just try to get No. 201." Cano fueled the three-run sixth against Twins starter PJ Walters (2-5), who was pitching for his job. Trevor Plouffe homered against Sabathia (9-6), but he finished seven innings with seven hits and three walks while striking out nine. The Yankees are missing almost all of their stars, and Sabathias fastball isnt in the upper 90s anymore. The big man can still throw, though. "I think its still a work in progress. I think youre always trying to get better and trying to reinvent yourself," Sabathia said. "Ive still got some work to do, but hopefully I can just keep getting better." Sabathia is 11-0 with a 2.01 ERA in his last 12 starts against the Twins. He threw a season-high 121 pitches. "He did really grind this one out," manager Joe Girardi said. "Its just his will. He never gets down on himself. He always believes that he can make the pitch, and eventually he does it." The Twins were on their way to beating Sabathia for the first time since July 29, 2007, the year he won the AL Cy Young award. Brian Dozier drew a leadoff walk in the third and scored on Joe Mauers double, his first extra-base hit in nine games. Shortstop Luis Cruz, signed before the game as a replacement for Jayson Nix -- the latest Yankee to hit the disabled list -- was charged with an error for throwing over first baseman Lyle Overbays head to give the Twins runners at the corners with no outs. But Sabathia bore down after that, striking out Justin Morneau, retiring Plouffe on a fly out and striking out Oswaldo Arcia to finish the inning. With two outs in the fifth, Plouffes drive escaped the outstretched glove of centre fielder Brett Gardner and bounced high off the top of the wall onto the black batter-eye backing behiind it for a 2-0 lead.dddddddddddd That was all the Twins could get, though. "With a guy like CC you have to score those runs, especially against the Yankees," Plouffe said. Mariano Rivera pitched a scoreless ninth to notch his 28th save in 29 tries in his farewell season. Cano has had at least two hits in each of the first six games of this road trip, batting 14 for 24 with 10 RBIs and four home runs. His streak of going deep ended at three straight games, but the four-time All-Star second baseman didnt stop lifting this lagging, injury-ravaged lineup once again. Aaron Hicks made a fully extended catch of Canos line drive to centre field in the eighth inning, the only time the Twins got him out on the night. After giving the Twins solid performances in his first four starts, Walters fell out of whack, lasting a total of nine innings over his previous three turns while allowing 16 hits, 16 runs and nine walks. The right-hander breezed twice through the batting order, but the leadoff walk in the sixth to Gardner was foreboding. Ichiro Suzuki followed with a double, and then came Canos crushing line drive down the right-field line off a 1-2 slider that caught too much of the plate. "I just hung the breaking ball. Its a pitch I shouldve bounced," Walters said. With first base open, the Twins couldve intentionally walked Cano. He paused when asked why he thinks teams have been pitching to him despite the tear hes on. "The only way you can look at it is its a team thats not in the race. ... Theyre taking their chances: All right, lets pitch to him," Cano said. Caleb Thielbar bailed the Twins out, limiting the damage to Overbays go-ahead sacrifice fly after inheriting a no-out, runners-at-the-corners situation. But the lead was lost. Walters allowed four hits and three walks while striking out three. NOTES: Twins LF Josh Willingham had arthroscopic surgery in the morning to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. ... Yankees RH Hiroki Kuroda, out of the rotation temporarily because of a left hip flexor problem, will see the team doctor on Friday. Girardi declined to speculate on when Kuroda, who has been the teams best starter, will take his next turn. ... The Yankees will send RH David Phelps (5-5, 4.95 ERA to the mound in search of the sweep in the finale on Thursday afternoon. Rookie RH Kyle Gibson (1-0, 3.00) will make his second start for the Twins after winning his major league debut last weekend with six strong innings. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Secka Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: